Digital Content Strategist
The Digital Content Strategist will work with Marketing and Communications teams to support the ideation, writing, design, organization, and distribution of digital content across various channels including our website and social media to achieve marketing and communications goals for the organization. This individual will champion digital best practices around UX, SEO, and content flows to continually improve The Trust for Public Land’s quality and breadth of content and extend its reach and impact.
- Work with the Senior Director of Communications, Director of Field and Brand Marketing, and Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement to develop the content strategy and calendar to meet our business objectives and reach target audiences.
- Lead content development in a hands-on way from ideation to execution - driving new ideas and approaches, researching, writing, editing, and producing content as needed, including promotional copy for digital campaigns, newsletters, video storyboards and scripts.
- Collaborate across the team to embed design thinking for UX, SEO, and donor journey into the content production process. Drive search engine optimizations and metadata management.
- Project manage the evolution of tpl.org content strategy, and maintain website content updates, ensuring a unified and thematic approach to content placements across web properties and pages.
- Work closely with PR to leverage and repurpose content to extend the reach and impact of TPL’s earned media.
- Manage TPL’s CEO’s editorial calendar and distribution plan for priority social media channels.
- Define digital content KPIs for tpl.org and manage reporting and performance evaluations, leveraging actionable insights to improve ongoing content optimizations efforts.
- Keep a strong creative pulse on up and coming content trends and techniques.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing, content strategy, and content creation
- Exceptional writer, editor, and communicator with a strong editorial POV and keen eye for the details
- Data-driven with ability to think critically about UX, user journeys and content flows, and to connect the dots between them
- Experience developing SEO plans and utilizing tools such as Google keyword planner, Omniture or Webtrends
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to align efforts while collaborating across multiple departments
- Personal passion and connection to The Trust for Public Land’s mission and vision