Field Marketing Manager
The Field Marketing Manager provides marketing leadership and project management for select field regions of The Trust for Public Land. They work closely with the National Director of Field and Brand Marketing, Field Marketing team, and other members of the marketing department to accomplish national and local marketing objectives. The Field Marketing team supports more than 20 Trust for Public Land field offices across the country.
Essential functions include:
- Serving as the primary marketing liaison to select State Directors & Directors of Philanthropy to develop marketing and communications strategies.
- Guiding annual planning process with the Field, including setting goals, developing KPIs and establishing budgets based on local and national investments.
- Driving innovative and creative ideas to activations that will raise TPL’s awareness in the field
- Executing marketing campaigns that achieve national and local marketing objectives such as brand awareness and supporting low dollars and/or major gift fundraising.
- Managing the schedule, assets and approvals for all marketing deliverables in their regions.
- Overseeing contractors and marketing agencies in the field.
- Managing the production of state brochures and publications.
- Partnering with Field Philanthropy to support efforts to raise funds.
- Developing and implementing corporate and brand partnerships in the field.
- Developing strategic briefs to guide the work on the national marketing team and contractors, and serving as cross-functional leader on field marketing campaigns.
- Working closely with national marketing team - content and creative, digital and PR – on the execution of field marketing campaigns in national channels.
- Surfacing and funneling the best stories from the field to national marketing channels, including our website, emails, social media and our print publication, Land&People.
- Being a constant source of innovation and ideas to elevate The Trust for Public Land’s marketing.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, or related field. MBA or other graduate degree welcome.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, public relations or at a non-profit.
- Core understanding of non-profit marketing, including donor journeys, content marketing and field marketing.
- Ability to develop marketing plans, budgets, KPIs, briefs and recaps.
- Desire and wherewithal to build consensus while maintaining a strong vision of what’s needed to move forward marketing KPIs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Comfortable presenting to groups. Persuasive.
- Excellent client relationship and project management skills.
- Experience working with field offices or in a matrixed organization and an ability to maintain a national focus while supporting local marketing efforts.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Knowledge of and ability to plan and guide promotional activities in digital, print and field marketing.
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaborative groups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Trust for Public Land is committed to cultivating a diverse staff that is representative of the communities we serve. Applications from individuals having diverse backgrounds and life experiences are strongly encouraged. We are open to the possibility that a great candidate for this job may not precisely meet all of the above criteria; if you believe you’re the right person for this job and can persuasively make that case, we encourage you to apply.
We are open to this position being based in any of our TPL office locations, and are willing to consider fully remote.