The Trust for Public Land is seeking a highly motivated and externally oriented undergraduate student or recent graduate to intern for Fall/Winter 2021.
This position will involve assisting the Federal Affairs team in the planning and execution of Trust for Public Land’s local parks funding campaign. The internship will also include assorted administrative, clerical, research, and programmatic tasks and projects. Many of these duties will be in support of staff’s lobbying activities on Capitol Hill.
- Aid in the implementation of our national campaign to increase funding for local parks across the country
- Track outreach and communication to members of Congress
- Do research and prepare blogs, letters, fact sheets on parks and equity
- Perform general administrative duties in support of assigned project work
Compensation and Time Commitment
- Demonstrated desire to learn about our work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to adapt and remain flexible as projects and priorities change
- Self-motivated, passionate, and professional
This internship pays $17.00/hour
Applicants must be able to work at least 10 hours per week. Internship runs September through March.
About the Organization:
At the Trust for Public Land, we don't just save land—we save land for people to enjoy, from neighborhood parks to national parks. We depend on the ongoing support of individuals to make sure our work carries on well into the future.
Our mission is to create parks and protect land for people, ensuring healthy, livable communities for generations to come. Every park, playground, and public space we create is an open invitation to explore, wonder, discover, and play. We're proud to say that we've been connecting communities to the outdoors—and to each other—since 1972. Today, millions of Americans live within a 10-minute walk of a park or natural area we helped create, and countless more visit every year.