The Computer Support Supervisor oversees a small support team and ensures that end users are receiving timely, effective support. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of help desk functions. The Computer Support Supervisor also contributes to problem resolution by providing Tier 2 support to end users.
50% Helpdesk Oversight:
- Coach, mentor, and train support staff including assistance with managing workload and prioritization of tasks.
- Manage helpdesk tickets and assign tickets coming into queue.
- Oversee and coordinate support delivered by outsourced Helpdesk consultant, ensuring compliance to policies, standards and SLAs.
- Ensure timely, responsive, effective support of TPL’s computer hardware and software.
- Motivate support staff to adhere to IT best practices and deliver outstanding customer service and satisfaction to TPL staff.
- Assess day-to-day support activities to align focus with established team priorities and to minimize user downtime.
- Track and report support requests.
- Develop and maintain service level agreements as needed.
- Analyze and identify problem trends and propose corrective solutions and procedural improvements.
40% Technical Support
- Provide Tier 2 technical support for computer hardware, software and peripherals.
10% Set IT Standards and Policies
- Assess quality of, and suggest and implement improvements to IS Support technology, procedures, policies and documentation.
- Develop, maintain and implement standard versions of personal computers and end-user software.
- Keep key staff apprised of the latest industry developments in new technologies and IT practices.
- Recommend hardware and software solutions, including procurement and upgrades.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum eight years of progressive experience in a help desk environment.
- Minimum three years of experience supervising a help desk team
- Experience in an environment with 350+ users in multiple locations across multiple time zones.
- Advanced expertise with Windows 10, Office365, Active Directory
- Advanced expertise with Zoom and Microsoft Teams, and with facilitating online events on both platforms.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Highly self-motivated with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
Support staff are a majority remote team. We ask that you have a dedicated workspace and fast internet.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds