Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager role will be working with Marketing and Communications teams to bring the brand voice to life across the organization’s social media channels. He/She will be responsible for developing and administering social media content, managing social channels and engaging audiences to drive marketing objectives. This individual will bring a passion for digital best practices and storytelling, and be highly organized to ensure timelines are maintained.
Location for this position is flexible, with a strong preference for this position to be located near a TPL office. About Us | The Trust for Public Land (tpl.org)
- Manage the day-to-day publishing, monitoring, and moderation of the organization’s social media channels.
- Engage with channel followers in a positive and meaningful way. Identify potential advocates within the community to foster dialogue and support influencer outreach.
- Field conversations or crises that require response and route through the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Maintain a social media calendar that aligns to the Marketing editorial calendar and utilize project management tools and social media management platform(s).
- Partner with the Content Strategist and Creative team to develop and execute both planned and real time content.
- Design, write, and edit content tailored to multiple channels as needed.
- Create social media toolkits and drive amplification of partner and coalition efforts.
- Report on data trends, peaks and valleys in social media data, suggesing improvements and ways to increase organic social traffic.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and trends, and key updates with all social media sites to keep the team informed.
- Push paid amplification of social content, including boosting organic posts to owned audiences and crafting paid ads when needed to reach prospect targets.
- 5+ years’ experience managing social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Excellent communication skills with exceptional multi-tasking & time management skills
- Collaborative, creative and conscientious team player
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn advertising platforms with experience boosting content and creating paid ads according to campaign goals/objectives
- Data-driven, creative thinker that is a proactive self-starter