The Associate Director, Email Marketing will be responsible for driving the organization’s email marketing strategy. Reporting into the Director of Digital, he/she will plan and execute the organization’s email marketing program, including national and regional newsletters, developing new trigger/drip campaigns, and partnering with online fundraising teams to foster engagement and retention within the organization’s growing constituent base. This position will work closely with key stakeholders and requires the ability to build strategies and execute on those strategies to achieve marketing goals.
Location for this position is flexible, with a strong preference for this position to be located near a TPL office. About Us | The Trust for Public Land (tpl.org)
- Conceptualize, plan, and execute lifecycle and nurture email campaigns that engage, retain and move constituents through the funnel.
- Manage and optimize the organization’s email marketing program including audience segmentation, list management, email calendar, and content performance.
- Act as the subject matter expert, partnering with cross functional teams to identify solutions and strategies for email campaign needs and requests.
- Establish governance protocols and processes for mass marketing email communications and manage stakeholder expectations and priorities.
- Utilize current martech stack (Luminate, Litmus, and Chamaileon) to build and send email communications, including coding, testing, deployment and metrics reporting.
- Consistently run A/B tests to improve conversion and offer strategic insights on email targeting, personalization, and email content.
- Understand constituent insights and build email campaign plans with “user” first mentality to drive higher engagement and future re-engagement.
- Partner with Marketing and Philanthropy Operations on infrastructure and automation solutions to drive continued digital transformation.
- Collaborate with online fundraising teams to drive integration of lifecycle marketing and enhance the user experience.
- Provide email support for promotions, conferences/events, and other initiatives developed by the marketing team as necessary.
- Regularly report on performance, measure and optimize engagement programs.
- Understand brand guidelines with a keen eye for email design. Maintain excellent written and verbal communication
- 7+ years of experience in email marketing, including creating triggered/automated campaigns
- Proven experience with digital marketing technology (Salesforce/Pardot and/or Blackbaud/Luminate preferred)
- Strong analytical skills, understanding of A/B testing, ability to draw conclusions from data and act accordingly
- Solid experience in email design and coding (SQL, HTML/CSS, React/Redux, PHP, etc)
- Very collaborative and comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders
- Proactive self-starter that excels with autonomous work and has exceptional multi-tasking & time management skills
- Comfortable presenting to stakeholders and dealing with ambiguity, proven ability to lead day-to-day relationships and work with multiple stakeholders successfully
- Collaborative team player with excellent written and verbal communication
- 3+ years experience supervising others preferred