The Senior Helpdesk Technician is responsible for the monitoring, tracking and resolution of IT-related issues while escalating as necessary to the appropriate resource. The position requires frequent interaction with employees and other IT staff in the San Francisco location and remote offices. The Senior Helpdesk Technician will be required to work independently with minimal supervision, and as a member of the IT team.
We are open to multiple locations. This is a temporary, full time position.
- Act as Tier 1/2 support to resolve all local and remote-site PC hardware, software and basic networking problems.
- Support and troubleshoot printers, copiers, scanners and multi-function machines.
- Manage tickets throughout their lifecycle and provide excellent customer service to ensure user satisfaction with resolutions.
- Write concise and accurate technical documentation for internal IT use and end-user training purposes
- Mentor and train other support staff on technical issues.
- Assist with evaluating IT systems and applications in order to recommend improvements, upgrades and infrastructure changes
- Maintain excellent rapport and strong business relationships with IT managers, staff and end users
- Participate in team meetings to plan and implement IT projects, and collectively resolve pending technical issues.
- Minimum of 5 years of Helpdesk experience in distributed environment
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in a Windows 10 and Mac environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience using remote access software, imaging/deployment software and or experience supporting multiple locations
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office365, Active Directory, Office 2016 and Outlook required
- Experience with Zoom and Microsoft Teams strongly preferred
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Highly self-motivated and resourceful with strong ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends is required.
- Willingness to travel 1-2 times per year is required.
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs