The Administrative Assistant for The Trust for Public Land’s Texas State Office is an integral team member that ensures the efficient operation of the Texas program as it carries out its mission, program, and services by performing necessary organizational, administrative and fund development responsibilities.
This position is temporary part time.
Provide general administrative support to the Texas team, including support with expense reports, invoice management and calendaring
Coordinate the preparation and distribution of mailings, newsletters and other communication for a variety of audiences, including donors, volunteers, partners, and the public
Serve as the first point of contact for visitors, callers and the general public
Order and maintain supplies, equipment, and work with office-related vendors, including building management
Prepare and track ongoing invoices and accounts
Organize office calendar, meetings, and conference calls
Facilitate compliance with requests from other offices and departments, including legal and marketing
Act as main point of contact for all IT needs and issues with appropriate staff/vendors as needed
Provide administrative support to the State Director and Director of Philanthropy, including, but not limited to organizing meetings, travel arrangements, conference calls, etc.
Assist the State Director in preparing PowerPoint presentations, correspondence, reports, etc.
Support the State Director in tracking visits, phone calls, follow up and necessary action items, as needed
Support the Director of Philanthropy with mailings, contact reports, correspondence, processing donations, etc.
Assist in compiling, printing, and distributing materials for community outreach
Create and maintain processes for the improved efficiency of the office
Other duties as assigned
The Trust for Public Land is committed to cultivating a diverse staff that is representative of the communities we serve. Applications from individuals having diverse backgrounds and life experiences are strongly encouraged. We are open to the possibility that a great candidate for this job may not precisely meet all of the above criteria; if you believe you’re the right person for this job and can persuasively make that case, we encourage you to apply.
- High school diploma and AS or AA. BA degree preferred
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Experience with MailChimp and social media communications preferred
- Experience with CRM or CMS platforms preferred
- 2-3 years of support experience or equivalent
- Ability to proactively communicate needs, priorities, challenges and recommendations
- Excellent organizational abilities, attention to detail, promptness, dependability, and discretion with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills reflecting solid customer service in person and via the telephone and email
- Knowledge of software programs for word processing, visual presentations, data entry and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of database software and experience generating reports - prior experience with Clearview database software a plus
- Must be available to occasionally work during the weekend and after 5 pm