The Digital Specialist is responsible for supporting The Trust for Public Land social media, digital projects and email communications to increase awareness of the brand, drive engagement with our audiences and amplify stories about the impact of our mission. This position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager.
This position can be based in San Francisco, Washington DC or Denver.
- Develop, implement, and manage TPL’s social media strategy; coordinate all social posts and respond to followers in a timely manner
- Work closely with Field Marketing Mangers and their corresponding Field Offices to nurture and support social story telling at the local level
- Collaborate with our PR, editorial and creative staff to execute social media content and campaigns that performs on digital channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Build your internal network to identify great social content from Federal Affairs, Data and Insights, Philanthropy, and Advocacy to elevate powerful messaging in support of our strategic priorities and drives engagement
- Build and maintain a Social Media Calendar for national and field projects that integrates with larger content calendar
- Create and automate email campaigns end-to-end, managing email databases and creating newsletters.
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements; provide regularly reporting on performance of all campaigns.
- Utilize social listening tools and analytics to track/report metrics by channel; optimize targeting, engagement, copy, and creative; document and share results and learnings
- Create social media best practice trainings, content toolkits, and social analytics reports for internal stakeholders
- Identify and optimize opportunities for social referral traffic to TPL websites
- Stay current on evolving technology trends and make recommendations on best practices for content, social media, social fundraising, and mobile marketing
- 4-5 years social media, community management experience with proven ability to acquire and engage followers
- Excellent copywriting and grammar skills required—strong ability to tell a story
- Familiarity with analytics tools: Sprout Social, and Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and ninja project management skills
- Experience working with CRM and email marketing platforms
- Hands-on experience leveraging a complex marketing automation system like Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget or similar.
- Experience with audience segmentation and list management
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to translate metrics into actionable insights
- Proactive, curious and scrappy get-it-done mindset
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems
- Proficiency in marketing automation technology
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
- Thrives in fast paced environment and excels under tight deadlines